How would you & a friend like to see Gotye live in a city near you, attend an exclusive sound check before the show AND meet Wally before the show?
Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity!
We are giving two lucky winners for each show - and a friend of their choosing - that exact experience!
We even have 3 double passes to giveaway for each show as consolation prizes.
Purchase any album or track by Gotye for your chance to win!
Starts: 19th October 2012
Ends: 29th November 2012
Drawn: 30th November 2012
Tickets are available for:
Thursday 6 December – Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Saturday 8 December – Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
Wednesday 12 December – Riverstage, Brisbane
Friday 14 December – Entertainment Centre, Sydney
You can also enter this competition from BPM on mobile. Head to BigPond Music on your Telstra compatible handset for details.
2x Major Prize for each show
- Double pass to see Gotye live
- Exclusive access to Gotye Soundcheck
- Meet & greet with Gotye before the show
3x Runner up prizes for each show
- Double pass to see Gotye live
See below for terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the BigPond® Music: Win Tickets To See Gotye and Meet Wally Promotion (“Promotion”)
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 3, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ("Promoter").
3. The Promotion will be open from 9.00 am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time ("AEDST") on 19 October 2012 and will continue until 11.59 pm AEDST on 29 November 2012 ("Promotion Period").
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families ("Eligible Entrants").
5. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, complete either one of the Options listed below (all steps in an Option must be completed in the one transaction):
(a) go to the BigPond Music website, located at www.bigpondmusic.com ("Website");
(b) click on the “Win Tickets to see Gotye and Meet Wally” competition link or tile;
(c) purchase from the Promoter any track or album by Gotye; and,
(d) complete required entry details including full name, telephone number, email address and your State of residence; or
(a) access the BigPond WAP site (“WAP Site”) via their compatible Telstra NextG/4G mobile phone service;
(b) click on the “Music” link;
(c) purchase from the Promoter any track, video, tone or caller tone by Gotye; and
(d) complete required entry details including telephone number and your State of residence,
(each Option constitutes an "Eligible Purchase").
6. Eligible Entrants who complete an Eligible Purchase will be automatically entered into the Promotion ("Eligible Entry"). Only one entry per Eligible Purchase will be accepted, and Eligible Entrants will be entered into the Promotion as many times as they make an Eligible Purchase. The account holder of the mobile phone used to make the Eligible Purchase in Option Two will be deemed to be the Eligible Entrant.
7. Browsing charges may apply, where applicable, in accessing the internet under Option One or WAP Site under Option Two. Standard charges may apply to download the track, album, tone or video. Eligible Entrants who purchase a caller tone are joining BigPond Caller Tones. A $1.95 subscription fee per month will be charged. The monthly subscription will continue each month until Eligible Entrants unsubscribe. To unsubscribe send ‘ct.stop’ to 176, or select unsubscribe in ‘My Profile’ from http://ctones.telstra.com (web or mobile).
8. Manual draws for the prizes ("Draws") will take place at the times and dates set out in the table below, at Level 7, 150 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 ("Draw Location"), from all Eligible Entries received for each State as nominated in the entry form. All Draws will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
Draw Nominated State for Prize Draw Time and Date Re-draw Time and Date
1 Adelaide, SA 10:00 am AEDST on 30 November 2012 10:00 am AEDST on 3 December 2012
2 Melbourne, VIC 10:15 am AEDST on 30 November 2012 10:15 am AEDST on 3 December 2012
3 Brisbane, QLD 10:30 am AEDST on 30 November 2012 10:30 am AEDST on 3 December 2012
4 Sydney, NSW 10:45 am AEDST on 30 November 2012 10:45 am AEDST on 3 December 2012
9. The Eligible Entrants with the first two valid Eligible Entries drawn in each Draw will win from the Promoter a Gotye prize pack, valued at $359.80 (inc GST), consisting of
a) two tickets to see Gotye live in the relevant State, valued at $159.80 (inc GST);
b) soundcheck access for the winner and a friend, valued at $100.00 (inc GST); and
c) a meet and greet with Gotye for the winner and a friend, valued at $100.00 (inc GST),
(each a “Major Prize”).
10. The Eligible Entrants with the third, fourth and fifth valid Eligible Entries drawn in each Draw will win from the Promoter two tickets to see Gotye live in the relevant State, valued at $159.80 (inc GST), (each a “Runner Up Prize”).
11. The Prize winners will be notified by telephone and in writing commencing 30 November 2012. The winners’ details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 3 December 2012.
12. In the event a Prize has not been claimed by 9.00 am AEDST on 3 December 2012, a random manual re-draw of all of the Eligible Entries for each State will take place at the relevant Re-draw times as set out in clause 8, at the Draw Location, subject to any written directions given by State and Territory gaming departments. The Re-draw Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing commencing on 3 December 2012. The winners’ details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 5 December 2012.
13. The total Prize pool value is $4,796.00 (including GST).
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with a Prize are the responsibility of the winner and their guest, including travel to and from the location of the Gotye concert. Gotye concert dates are as follows:
(a) Adelaide – 6 December 2012 2012 at Adelaide Entertainment Centre, 98 Port Road, Hindmarsh SA 5007;
(b) Melbourne – 8 December 2012 at Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Linlithgow Avenue, Melbourne VIC;
(c) Brisbane – 12 December 2012 at Riverstage, 59 Gardens Point Road, City QLD 4000; and
(d) Sydney – 14 December 2012 at Entertainment Centre, 35 Harbour Street, Darling Harbour NSW 2000.
15. The Prize must be taken on one of the dates specified by the Promoter. If a winner chooses not to take a Prize or any component of it (or is unable to), they forfeit the Prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize or any component.
16. Standard ticket terms and conditions apply to the Prize concert tickets and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions which apply to use of the tickets at the time they are issued to the Prize winner will prevail over these terms and conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency. Entry to the concert venue is subject to the directions of the venue and event organisers.
17. The Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to supply of the Prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before, or after, it reaches the winner.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize.
20. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value to the nominated Prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
22. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory legislation and regulations.
23. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
24. Eligible Entrants who are in breach of these terms and conditions or the BigPond Music terms and conditions are ineligible to win. These terms and conditions and the BigPond Music terms and conditions are available on the Website.
25. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. To the extent that these terms are unenforceable or do not comply with the law, that term is to be read down, or excluded to the extent required to comply with the law.
28. By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery departments. Winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
29. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
(b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
(c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(d) they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
(e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
(f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
(g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
Authorised by permit numbers:
ACT: TP 12/04007